Monday, January 17

Ada Dosa



Dosa's are all-time favorite dish. Ada Dosai is one of my childhood favorites. I love this dish at my young age just because its very yummy and my mother prepares this dosa with lots of oil especially for me and my sister.  Now, post marriage, I love to prepare this dish just because its very easy to prepare during busy days and a makes very healthy meal.  The photo you can see above is prepared for my son, Jeishnav and so you cannot find chopped onions and chopped curry leaves, though i always add these in my batter to make it crunchy and greener.




Ingredients:


Raw Rice              1 cup
Urad Dhal              1/2 cup
All other dhal          1/2 cup
(like i have taken
Toor Dhal              one layer on top of Urad dhal


Masoor Dhal          one layer on top of the above
Yellow Split Dhal    one layer on top of the above
Chana Dhal            one layer on top of the above
Green gram Dhal    one layer on top of the above)




Ginger                    1/2" piece chopped
Dry red chillies         2
Green chilly              1
Asafotedia                1/4 tsp or a small piece


Procedure:


Wash and soak the rice and all type of dhals together with ginger, dry red chilly, green chilly and asafotedia for 4-5 hours.


Blend all the soaked ingredients with more water and sufficient salt at the end.  It should have the dosa consistency. I usually make it a bit coarse and not very smooth just to get the crispiness. When you try, make sure you are not making it a very coarse batter.










Add chopped onions and chopped curry leaves(optional) according to ur preference just before you make dosas. This is optional.  These dosa's tastes awesome with coconut chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment